Business Intelligence Analyst
Our mission is to create an exceptional user experience by matching our knowledge of customer needs with the latest technology in order to create a professional online representation of their brand and to guide our customers to success. On a worldwide scale, the opportunity for providing do-it-yourself websites is tremendous and Jimdo seeks to be the number one provider. Users from all over the world have already created more than 20 million websites using Jimdo - and we're happy to see the numbers growing continuously!
We are a motivated team full of smart people. Everyone of us is an expert in what we do, and together we try to achieve the best possible results. Working in a young product company within a rapidly changing market comes with a lot of opportunities and many possibilities to contribute to our users' success. To learn more about our story visit our website.
As a BI-Analyst you will join Jimdo’s cross-functional Business Intelligence Team at the Jimdo Headquarter in the beautiful city of Hamburg.
You will bring domain knowledge and experience to a diverse team and contribute to the understanding and usage of data throughout the company and enabling data driven decision making.
Your major areas of responsibility will include:
- You are responsible for our reporting. This includes the creation of new reports, improving existing reports and making sure that everyone can gather the information they need.
- You will take care of our business KPI definitions and ensure that they are measuring our goals and describe our business model.
- You are the first who will see changes in our KPIs and analyze them to identify new dependencies and influencing factors.
- You are going to answer ad-hoc questions from different departments and drive better decision making by generating new insights from data for stakeholders and management
- You have a good overview of the tasks and goals from other departments and how they are contributing to the goals and success of Jimdo.
- You have a BS in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent experience
- You are passionate about data and have at least 2 years of experience in data analysis and visualization
- You have knowledge and experience in a data visualization tool (we are using Tableau - experience with PowerBI, Microstrategy, Qlik or similar would be fine, too) and Excel
- You easily form and improve complex SQL queries
- Dependencies between KPIs like Customer Lifetime Value, Conversion Rate and Retention are obvious to you and don’t need further explanation
- You quickly grasp on new context and are capable of communicating complex information in a simple and concise way
- You speak English fluently
Following skills are appreciated but not mandatory:
- You have experience within a SaaS company and knowledge of the business model
- You have knowledge of Python, R or similar statistic software
- You have a solid understanding of how paid channels in the online marketing area work
- You have experience in ETL-jobs and the workflow of a dwh
I'm Janine and I’m looking forward to receiving your application!
Just send me an e-mail: email@example.com
Feel free to apply in English or German! :)