Our mission is to create an exceptional user experience by matching our knowledge of customer needs with the latest technology in order to create a professional online representation of their brand and to guide our customers to success. On a worldwide scale, the opportunity for providing do-it-yourself websites is tremendous and Jimdo seeks to be the number one provider. Users from all over the world have already created more than 20 million websites using Jimdo - and we’re happy to see the numbers growing continuously!
We are a motivated team full of smart people. Everyone of us is an expert in what we do and together we try to achieve the best possible results. Working in a young product company within a rapidly changing market comes with a lot of opportunities and many possibilities to contribute to our users’ success. To learn more about our story visit our website.
We are seeking a data engineer who will work with our ambitious team and take our data infrastructure to the next level to help make our customers successful. If you are passionate about empowering people in making data-driven decisions, then we're eager to get to know you.
You have the option to start immediately in our Hamburg office. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Shape and execute a technological mid and long term vision for data engineering with the team
- Provide data in a reliable and efficient way to our stakeholders by keeping the data warehouse and all incoming and outgoing data streams running and up to date
- Help improving our product by finding and implementing new ways of using data
- Research and implement a new and advanced tech stack
- Build and improve software solutions to support the work of Data Analysts and other teams in their daily work
- Define processes and contracts for providing clean and unified data
- Degree in Computer Science / Data Engineering or Backend Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Data Engineering
- Knowledge and experience in distributed systems (e.g. Kafka) and database architecture
- Skills in building and maintaining software components and infrastructure, especially AWS Stack
- Demonstrated ability to process complex information and dependencies in a continuously evolving environment
- Knowledge of statistics is a big plus
- Strong communication skills for finding simple and solid solutions
- Positive attitude towards problem solving
- Focus on automation and simplicity
- Ability to break complex problems down into manageable chunks
- Drive to get things done
- Solid spoken and written English communication skills
I'm Janine and I’m looking forward to receiving your application!
Just send me an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to apply in English or German! :)