Senior Backend Developer (Python)
Our passion is to help our customers become more successful with their projects. With Jimdo’s simple click to edit interface, our users can easily create their own beautiful websites. Jimdo offers graphical flexibility and high-quality presentation of images, videos, and text. Users from all over the world have created more than 20 million websites using Jimdo - and we’re happy to see the numbers growing continuously!
We are a motivated team full of smart people. Every one of us is an expert in what we do, and together we try to achieve the best possible results. Working in a young product company within a rapidly changing market comes with a lot of growth opportunities and many possibilities to contribute to our users’ success. To learn more about our story visit our website.
We’re seeking a software engineer to join our product development team. If you're passionate about building and running software that adds features to the Jimdo platform and love working with the latest technologies, then we're eager to get to know you.
You have the option to start immediately in our Hamburg office. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Implement new features that help users to successfully share their business, projects and ideas. That’s what they love about us!
- Full stack application development including backend, frontend, configuration management, and operation tasks
- Engage with other product engineering teams and continue to improve our users’ experience
- Build APIs for our mobile and web clients
- Envision architectural changes that help us splitting up core components into services
- Enrich the Jimdo product by integrating external services
- Help other teams with knowledge, skills, and expertise
- Broad skillset from configuration management to software development
- Experience developing and operating large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Experience building modern APIs for different clients
- Experience in significant cross-functional engineering efforts across multiple teams
Nice to have
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud computing providers
- Experience working with continuous delivery systems
- Experience in application performance optimization / profiling
- Experience with Thrift or Protobuf
- Strong communication skills for finding simple and solid solutions
- Positive attitude towards problem solving
- Obsession with automation and simplicity
- Ability to break complex problems down into manageable chunks
- Drive to get things done
- Solid spoken and written English communication skills
What technologies do we work with?
- Amazon Web Services
- Jenkins and Travis CI (Continuous deployment)
- Ansible, CloudFormation (Automated stack setup, deployment)
- Prometheus (Monitoring, Alerting)
- PHP, Python, Go, Node.js
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
I'm Janine and I’m looking forward to receiving your application!
Just send me an e-mail: email@example.com.