Senior Infrastructure Engineer (m/f)
Our passion is to help our customers become more successful with their projects. With Jimdo’s simple click to edit interface, our users can easily create their own beautiful websites. Jimdo offers graphical flexibility and high-quality presentation of images, videos, and text. Users from all over the world have created more than 20 million websites using Jimdo - and we’re happy to see the numbers growing continuously!
We are a motivated team full of smart people. Every one of us is an expert in what we do, and together we try to achieve the best possible results. Working in a young product company within a rapidly changing market comes with a lot of growth opportunities and many possibilities to contribute to our users’ success. To learn more about our story visit our website.
We’re seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our internal tooling team. This team provides the technical platform “Wonderland” that runs the whole Jimdo system and aims to make the work of our application developers as easy as possible. It takes most of the infrastructure complexity away from them by providing a shiny layer of automation and standardization. If you love working with the latest technologies and care about great developer experience, we're eager to get to know you.
You have the option to start immediately in our Hamburg office. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Simplify cloud infrastructure management
- Reducing complexity of the organization’s cloud infrastructure
- Maintenance of central infrastructure-related services
- Providing support for product developers in infrastructure-related questions
- 5+ years in managing cloud infrastructure
- 2+ years in programming in Go, Python, or Rust
- Excellent skills in operating Linux based systems
- Experience developing and operating large-scale and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience in significant cross-functional engineering efforts across multiple teams
Nice to have
- Experience with CoreOS
- Experience building modern APIs for different consumers
- Experience working with and developing continuous delivery tooling
- Strong communication skills for finding simple and solid solutions
- Positive attitude towards problem solving
- Obsession with automation and simplicity
- Ability to break complex problems down into manageable chunks
- Drive to get things done
- Solid spoken and written English communication skills
What technologies do we work with?
- Amazon Web Services
- Go, Python
- Jenkins and Travis CI (Continuous deployment)
- Ansible, CloudFormation (Automated stack setup, deployment)
- Prometheus (Monitoring, Alerting)
I'm Janine and I’m looking forward to receiving your application!
Just send me an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.